- 1 kilos of pork, spare rib off the bone is fine (tied around with string to keep shape)
- two medium onions chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed with blade of knife
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 generous glass of oloroso ( Bodegas Dios Baco Oloroso )
- salt ( Iptuci Ecsama salt flakes )
- olive oil ( Horganzales Manzanilla EVOO )
lightly fry garlic and onion, over lowish heat
brown piece of meat all round so well sealed.
add carrots and peppercorns to pan.
add wine, when alcohol has burned off add stock so meat is half covered, cover and simmer , turn occasionally and cook until still pink in middle and an instant read thermometer reads at least 63C at the centre of the joint ( 50 minutes to 1 hour )
when cooked through remove meat and bring to fast boil to reduce the liquid till it begins to thicken. Once the meat has completely cooled cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours .
Serve thinly sliced dressed with salt and olive oil as in Jerez or you can warm with some of the sauce if you prefer.
Try with any of our Fino sherries suitably chilled View Here