Ingredients – serves 4
- 200 grams blanched almonds
- 250 grams stale white bread with the crusts removed
- 2 cloves peeled garlic
- 100ml virgin extra olive oil
- 35 ml sherry or white wine vinegar
- 500 ml cold water
A few halved grapes, or melon or finely chopped Iberian ham. According to preference or what is in season
- Soak the bread in a little water to soften it.
- Blitz almonds, bread, oil, vinegar, garlic and water to a smooth creamy texture
- Serve topped with the fruit or ham and a drizzle of oil.